CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

norah (admin)

28th July 2014, 13:13
I have spoken to Ash about the Forum turning small i's into capial I 's. He will check the software to make sure there are no gremlins but, as mentioned on the other thread, he suspects that it may be auto-correct on the individual device which is causing the problem. He recommends going into settings and disabling auto-correct to see if this makes a difference.

I have problems on both my computer and IPad with auto-correct turning my typing into something completely different to what I Intended, drives me potty sometimes. It's not just the Forum, it happens in Word, AOl etc.
1 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th July 2014, 13:51
I have turned mine off, Norah.
I noticed on another site yesterday that someone was wanting a town west of Perth.
c?I??f.
Answer, Crieff.
So this is happening all over, it would seem.
2 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th July 2014, 13:51
I have turned mine off, Norah.
I noticed on another site yesterday that someone was wanting a town west of Perth.
c?I??f.
Answer, Crieff.
So this is happening all over, it would seem.
3 of 22  -   Report This Post

rossim

28th July 2014, 14:20
I always use capitals for placed letters. It gets round the problem.
4 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th July 2014, 14:32
I have suggested to admin. that using capital letters when posting a clue should be shown in the posting guidelines. This would definitely help make reading clues much clearer and avoid any mix-up of i and L
5 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th July 2014, 14:41
It would, Jazzgirl, but the problem is getting folk to comply.
Be like herding cats, well nigh impossible.
We have posters typing wrong words, missing out words,
giving the wrong letter count, etc.
6 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

28th July 2014, 14:59
That's life !
Worth a try, rusty. If a poster gets it wrong the first time, we can steer them in the right direction and hope some of it sticks.
7 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

28th July 2014, 15:05
Certainly worth a try, Jazzgirl!
8 of 22  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

29th July 2014, 20:00
I have been in touch with several people re the changing from i to I and they all say it is due to the auto-correct function on the individual's computer, tablet or iphone. So the advice that Ash and Norah have suggested is correct.
Hope that Malone (and any others having the same problem) see this.
9 of 22  -   Report This Post

rusty

30th July 2014, 17:51
I think Malone was spotting the problem on the incoming posts, Jazzgirl, rather than experiencing it himself.
Lovely cooling breeze this evening!
10 of 22  -   Report This Post