CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

wot4

20th July 2014, 09:52
Can anyone shed light on how to solve the clues which are just a question mark? They relate somehow to the tititle of the puzze which on 13 July was SU FOR 22. 20 July title is SU FOR 14. How you get an answer to these is a mystery, What am I missing?
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

jogamel

20th July 2014, 17:26
Look at clue 10. The answer to this will be two words beginning S and U. Then the other ???? Will be clued from this.... Does this help, wot4?
2 of 3  -   Report This Post

lefkimi

29th September 2014, 11:13
Hi, I think the crossword you refer to is the first of these that I came across. As stated earlier here is how it works. Yeterday the clues were 5/4 SW (I've also noiticed that - so far I think - the first word always begins with S - maybe a reference to Sunday?) so What you have to do is solve as many concise clues as you can first - it's useful to have a notepad handy for the next bit. As you get some of the letters in the ? words (particularly the main one (ie SW in this case) jot them down so you start to get an idea of the shape of the words. S_ _ _ _/W_ _ _
Try to list any words that might fit E.G. SPACE WARP . Do this until you have completed all the concise clues you can. Then see if there is any connection between any POSSIBLE answers to S W and any POSSIBLE answers to the other 4 answers. (N.B. there will always be two answers linked to each of the two SW words.
Yesterday, I got to this stage and had considered SPACE WARP and SHOCK WAVE. The first of the other 4 answers that seemed to link was a possibility of ASTOUND - that looked good for a link with SHOCK. Then I saw a possibility of RIPPLE which would link to WAVE, it was then a matter of cross checking (pencilling in the possibles) until the other two, answers came out. I'll leave it to you tio finish it!
3 of 3  -   Report This Post