CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redcoral

19th July 2014, 10:57
Can't work out first clue across! 1A short- legged dog (9). Might begin with a w if windward is correct!
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

scarlett

19th July 2014, 11:01
dachshund?
what was the clue for windward?
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th July 2014, 11:02
Hi redcoral - how are you?

DACHSHUND?
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

icwalters

19th July 2014, 11:02
I also am stuck on this I tried DACHSHUND
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

markc

19th July 2014, 11:12
1 down is Downwind making dachshund correct.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

redcoral

19th July 2014, 11:23
Thank you to all ! I think 1D therefore could be downward rather than windward. (Clue in the direction of which breeze is blowing!)

Chrise I am trying a tens machine but not too sure if it is helping ...... Or whether the "beats" are just distracting me from the pain!!
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

doglet

19th July 2014, 11:34
glad you are back hope you canget the problem sorted soon
crossword on line and my kindle are keeping me sane I have been told my wrist will take at least 6 months to recover and I wont have full use again but my husband is learning to cook and finds ironing therapeutic !!!!!! so it has some plus points
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

redcoral

19th July 2014, 11:48
I had to laugh at dog let's reply re husband! Mine was doing all those things to help me & then got rushed into hospital for a pacemaker! So watch your husband doesn't overdo it all! The pacemaker has been brilliant for Johnny though as it's made a new man of him!!! He hasn't tried the ironing though so we just skip that at present & shake items to stop creases!!
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

bessesbasstrb

19th July 2014, 11:51
Try "downwind" - it worked for me.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

magworth

19th July 2014, 11:59
I hope this stays -I`ve lost it once, wiped out by an ad.
Good luck to redcoral and doglet.
I zoomed through until the last silly little 5-letter clue. if Arctic is right..."Impressive display (5) R ? R ? Y
At first I had `array` but that won`t fit with Arctic !
Mags.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post