CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

elle

17th July 2014, 20:25
Hi, Lin!
How w as your day out?
Congratulations on receiving your first OA Pension! I hope you didn't blow it all on your shopping trip?! did you buy anything nice? Hope you enjoyed the wine with your daughter!
How was the new library? Sadly, our local library is under threat of closure, and despite all the petitions/letters of appeal etc., it looks like this will go ahead. That will mean a car or bus ride to the nearest library then. Could be worse but a nuisance!
It's been a glorious day here but we've been lazy because of the heat - only one dog walk and the rest of the time working (and sitting reading !) in the garden !
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

lmj

18th July 2014, 15:48
Hi Elle

Great day thanks but did not get around to visiting the library I was too busy shopping and blowing my pension. I also had a manicure and pedicure and my hair done. I am going to a wedding tomorrow, so I am worth it!!

It is dreadful closing library's they should encourage children to use them more. But with the onset of kindle etc, it is killing off
Ltraditional pastimes.

I will be here in the UK for a while awaiting an appointment to have my other eye done. So when I do go to the library I will let you know what it was like and perhaps if you ever visit Birmingham you might take a visit in yourself.

I am sitting in the garden too, with a cheeky glass of Vino. Well..................it is 5:00 o'clock somewhere in the world?

Speak to you soon

Linda x
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

elle

18th July 2014, 18:02
You sound as though you enjoyed a lot of 'pampering'! You'll look very glamourous for the wedding tomorrow!
I hope you enjoy the day!
Do you live mainly in Spain then? it sounds as though you are back here mainly for your eye operation?
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

lmj

18th July 2014, 21:31
Hi Elle

We retired early to Spain, I was only 54
but we are back for at least 6 months during the year off and on. We enjoy Spain but their health care is not really reciprocal. And I only speak a little of the language as we live in a area which is mainly ex pats. In hindsight we wish we had moved to a Spanish village, that way you have to speak the
language. We have loads of friends and a great social life which we would not really get here. And the weather of course. But can't complain about the weather here at the moment.

I also miss my girls but as they lead very busy lives we hardly see them anyway. But we come back for Xmas and special birthdays and occasions etc;@ @and I will just pop over as and when I feel like it. Getting on a plane now is like catching the bus. Have it down to a fine art.

Looking forward to the wedding I just hope the weather stays good as we are expecting the "Spanish Plume" which will cause rain and thunderstorms.

I have had problems with my eyes for the last 3 years and was going to go private to get them done in Spain. But I have to say the NHS has been fantastic, can't fault them so far.

Cheers

Linda xx

4 of 4  -   Report This Post