CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

25th January 2010, 16:48
Idly googling to find information on The Oldie Genius puzzle referred to in another current thread, I found a web site I find most interesting. Probably some of you are aware of it already. It's discussing various puzzles and their setters rather than asking for help with solving clues. It's community.live journal.com. If you have difficulty finding it, I googled "The Oldie + genius puzzle" and it's on the first page.
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

sally

25th January 2010, 17:29
Thanks for that AJT - sounds good.
Sally
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

bookbinder

25th January 2010, 17:41
Thanks also from me, AJT. I'll have a look at it. There's more to crossword puzzles than just cracking clues. Incidentally, did you know that the crossword puzzle was invented by an Englishman?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

ajt

25th January 2010, 18:09
Yes, indeed. It seems to be a peculiarity of the English language. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a reference to a Xword in another language- apart from the States, of couse. Have you ever tried the N.Y. Times xword ?- a curious mixture of general knowledge and cryptic.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

teenieleek

25th January 2010, 19:32
other languages do have crosswords, e.g. Spanish but they are really dull, usually just synonyms or general knowledge.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post