CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ginge

10th July 2014, 13:26
Thanks for your feedback mattrom, syzygy and BBM2, I've taken your comments on board (and reread all the comments made in weekend 2) and as a result I proposeĀ the following for this weekend (assuming there is a consensus that it continues this weekend and is not shelved until winter here) but I would welcome any subsequent comments and/or suggestions.

Post initially on Friday evening, when Peer Review is normally finished, at approximately 10 pm. I appreciate it may possibly "disappear" temporarily from the forum front page among the many posts on a Saturday morning but if we are all aware it has been posted..........

Allow a longer voting period similar to the midweek vetsion to accommodate contributors from both "theĀ Antipodes" and American continent perhaps (noon - 8 pm on the Sunday).

All times B.S.T
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th July 2014, 17:47
Apologies for non-participation again, ginge - good luck with the comp. We're having a long weekend in North Wales.

Good to see at least two new names taking part last weekend, though.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th July 2014, 20:06
Think this is all good ginge ----- it is always going to be a case of who is around, whatever the time of year ----- still worth a shot.

It is a real shame that clue chain on Monday afternoons has died a death ----- maybe we can try to get that going again nearer the winter months.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th July 2014, 20:19
Hi bobs mum

How is France? - it's been lovely here recently. We saw the TdF in Skipton and Keighley - is it coming near you?

I too regret the absence of Clue Chain, but I think that it's only a runner in the less clement months.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th July 2014, 20:19
Hi bobs mum

How is France? - it's been lovely here recently. We saw the TdF in Skipton and Keighley - is it coming near you?

I too regret the absence of Clue Chain, but I think that it's only a runner in the less clement months.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th July 2014, 20:35
Hi chrise, France was lovely thank you -- I have a tan !!! We did not see the TdF here this year ------ but 4 years ago we were luckily enough to be in the crowds near a small village in the Lot to watch the whole spectacle --- wow what a morning ---- 2 hours of support vehicles and promotion trucks followed by 20 seconds of guys cycling so fast past us ------ the crowd went mad ---- we have great memories of that.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

chrise

10th July 2014, 20:36
You are back, then?
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th July 2014, 20:42
Yes, got back last weekend ----- the builders were here while we were away doing more work after the tree fell down. We are nearly done now with just a few fiddly bits to finish.

Had a wedding to come back to:))))))X and work beckoned :((((
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

10th July 2014, 21:03
Oh---- and the other thing is that I have just got a new lap -top with windows 8 ----- that's a laugh trying to navigate and learn how to use it --- I have been using the CD which explains all ------- sort of LOL ----- all new technology ----- seems only a while ago that I was introduced to using a 'brick' in the car --- and thought that was the height of sophistication x
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

mattrom

10th July 2014, 21:34
Thanks Ginge,
The timing sounds good
10 of 11  -   Report This Post