CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT29

chrise

8th July 2014, 11:00
Tricky this week! A couple of lovely clues (8 and 11a), a couple that I solved (I think) but not parsed (20 and 23), and a SE corner that I'm stuck on!

Any hints for 14d to get me going again?
Bird takes out crank in the centre (9)

???N????? (I said I was stuck!)
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

elle

8th July 2014, 11:15
How about 'corncrake'?
anagram of 'crank' and 'core' - core= centre?
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th July 2014, 11:29
Thanks elle - looks good.
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th July 2014, 11:31
That's given me the others, but there is another (16) that I'm not entirely happy about.

I'll wait and see how this thread develops before asking for explanations.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

elle

8th July 2014, 11:33
Glad to be able return a little for all the help you've given me!
How was the T de F ?!
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th July 2014, 11:54
Thanks again, elle - just taking a wellearned break from hedge cutting (of all the jobs in the garden that I hate, hedge cutting is the worst)..

TdF was great, thanks. We had ringside stances on Skipton High Street on Saturday and on the Aire Valley road near Keighley on Sunday. Everything was very well organised - we went on bikes, but lots of impromptu parking was laid on, takings mostly for charity
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

elle

8th July 2014, 12:11
Sounds great - glad you all enjoyed it! Have all your guests gone home now?
The tennis was fantastic - esp the Men's Double Final on Sat., and the Men's' Singles on Sunday - don't suppose you got to see any of it but the latter was a four hour match - riveting!
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th July 2014, 12:25
hi Chrise and elle
here's a clue for 16a. lolhttp://media.choiceshirts.com/media/catalog/product/i/m/image_5_357.jpg
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th July 2014, 12:28
THanks jazzy - that's what I thought it was, but I don't see the last two letters (in either direction) - I suppose backwards it could mean "fuel", but it's rather loose.

Last guests left this morning, elle - we had a fantastic day walking in the Howgills yesterday.

Saw the last three games of the men's final. They looked quite tired!

9 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th July 2014, 12:30
turn= go (over)
10 of 24  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT29