CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mostyn

24th January 2010, 16:47
People Mega Crossword ......... 2 celebrities ...... link is "buried twice" ....... one pic is of Charlie Chaplin, and the other is ......... Who ? Any help appreciated. Thanks.
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

tomtom

24th January 2010, 19:25
Mostyn

Do you really need to know the identity of the celebrities if the answer revealed by completing the crossword is "buried twice"?

There is a suggestion that Chaplin was dug up for re-burial because he was a Jew buried in a gentile cemetery and, presumably, the other guy, whoever he is suffered the same fate. So, whilst it would be comforting to know that was the case, I do believe that the answer to the puzzle is contained within the shaded baxes i.e, "buried twice"

TomTom
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

24th January 2010, 19:30
Hi Mostyn,

Can't see the photo so can't really help. It is not a photograph of Oscar Wilde is it?
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

mostyn

24th January 2010, 19:40
Thanks for replying TomTom ...... just wan't to know who it is out of curiosity ! lol

Colin .... thanks for trying, but it is not Oscar Wilde.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

trevor

24th January 2010, 20:04
I seem to remembe that Chaplin's dead body was kidnapped and held for ransom.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

helena

24th January 2010, 20:10
this is really intreguing can you describe the person male/female, approx age, and is it a photo or painting and is it peroid or modern attire and do they have any facial hair (should only apply if male!)
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

mostyn

24th January 2010, 20:12
Yes Thanks. Charlie Chaplin was reburied. I have the answer to the crossword link and was just curious as to who the other person was. I can't scan the pic ..... my scanner is off-line. I was just hoping that someone else might have had the People and might have recognised the 2nd person. I have googled myself silly ! lol :-)
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

mostyn1

24th January 2010, 20:15
Helena ..... old black/white pic, male, approx 60-70 years old, thinning hair, bushy moustache and bags under his eyes .............. blimey.... it sounds like me ! lol
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

suziem

24th January 2010, 20:22
Hi Mostyn
Could it be Albert Einstein, whose brain was removed after his death, for research, and was perhaps buried later? His body was cremated.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

mostyn

24th January 2010, 20:27
SuzieM ..... Thanks, but afraid not ...... same moustache, but very little hair. All guesses welcome. :-)
10 of 18  -   Report This Post