CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jogamel

19th April 2014, 14:51
Has anyone worked out the preamble for this? I have an almost completed grid but not the third work, due to not making any sense of the omitted letters. 19d and 33d are also baffling me. Anyone willing to point me in the right direction please?
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

19th April 2014, 15:31
The third work isn't crucial - the first two might/should be enough.

19. Just a 'hidden in the clue' answer - but remember the 'extra letter' bit (and things don't always go forwards).
33. I can't parse my answer, but it's correct. I'm sure you've noticed this is one of the answers affected by 'shortage' of space?' The others like this made me realise what I needed here.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

jogamel

19th April 2014, 15:54
I had the name. I have a year. What more do I need to find all the 20 cells? And please tell me where the two lower case letters need to cosy up together!
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

19th April 2014, 16:06
You need more than 'a' year, but have another look at the year you've got, see what's beside it. This will help with....
...The two lower case letters don't cosy up together - they're quite separate.

4 of 6  -   Report This Post

jogamel

19th April 2014, 20:01
Thank you - I had just realised, and you confirmed!
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

malone

19th April 2014, 20:24
Glad you got it finished off!
I was slightly worried that my answer wasn't terribly helpful - I wasn't too explicit as I felt sure you were just a whisker or so away from completing the puzzle.
6 of 6  -   Report This Post