CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

12th April 2014, 16:06
There seem to be 8 different threads for the Times Easy 1086. Is this a record?

Seriously, why not add your requests to an existing thread, people?
1 of 30  -   Report This Post

fortlady

12th April 2014, 16:12
I don't know about it being a record but if you've already looked at the earlier threads and haven't found the answer you're looking for, what's the matter with starting a new thread? I for one wouldn't think of going back to a thread I'd already checked out!
2 of 30  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th April 2014, 16:16
If a new response is added to an existing thread, it automatically "bumps up" to the top of the list, so you can see that there has been an additional response.
3 of 30  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

12th April 2014, 16:18
New threads (especially those with only a couple of replys) on the same crossword fill up the page too quickly and make it harder for others to search for previous answers. Much more sense to keep all the threads of one puzzle togethe; & they are always being bumped up to the top if people use the same one.
It certainly works for the Genius at the beg of every month.
4 of 30  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th April 2014, 16:49
Now 11
5 of 30  -   Report This Post

sudokulover

12th April 2014, 16:52
We tried chris we tried!
6 of 30  -   Report This Post

mamya

12th April 2014, 16:59
I don't count the threads, just look at what rises to the top (this one at the moment) and if I can answer I do - but then I am so laid back I make Perry Como look frantic.
7 of 30  -   Report This Post

bernie

12th April 2014, 17:17
I agree Chris, I don't come on here much at the weekend, drives me mad! For some reason it doesn't seem as bad during the week!
8 of 30  -   Report This Post

chrise

12th April 2014, 17:19
Hi bernie
I suspect that there are a number of "weekend contributors" (nearly as bad as their driving counterparts)
9 of 30  -   Report This Post

rossim

12th April 2014, 17:21
The ones that frustrate me are the ones that open a new thread just to say thanks, making me think there is a new clue to solve.
I wish I could be more like Mamya!
10 of 30  -   Report This Post