CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

8th April 2014, 12:35
Good afternoon all
I actually managed to finish this today before the dinner gong . But I have a query in 15a. I have a type of cricketer as the answer but cannot see the parsing.
Clue is: one dealing with inquisitive cricketer (7)
I hope the sun is shining where you are
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

lainey

8th April 2014, 12:59
Good afternoon Jazzgirl, I have also finished - the only thing I can relate to 15a is someone who is dealing with difficult questions being asked of them, although I'm not at all sure that's what compiler had in mind! Yes, sunny here today (Hertfordshire), windy but lovely!
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th April 2014, 13:06
hi lainey
I think we both have the same answer . Chambers shows it as someone who handles skilfully, especially questions, so that would appear to be the same as the cricketer.
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

oldyalan

8th April 2014, 13:44
Afternoon all. For a change I also have finished. It must have been easy this week as I didn't need any help this week!
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th April 2014, 15:03
afternoon all. I`m still stuck on 10ac. `First Lady always in church but not ordained`. (4)
I have ? A ? O but not sure of the O. Mags.
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

lainey

8th April 2014, 15:11
Good afternoon Magworth, your "O" is incorrect - 2d is a dessert, an anagram of chap me and the name of an "isle". Hope that helps, best wishes.
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

albert

8th April 2014, 15:12
First (letters of) Lady always in church.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

magworth

8th April 2014, 15:19
Thank you both. Albert - I felt sure it was something to do with laity but couldn`t think straight!
Lainey - I had `mocha` in 2d. I can see what is now. Now I`ll have to work on 15ac again !
Mags.
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th April 2014, 19:28
Question marks over two
1d I don't think the structure quite works - it's nothing in wear, isn't it?
21d surely should start with a C, not a K, for the slaw, the king and the porter?
9 of 21  -   Report This Post

mamya

8th April 2014, 19:37
21 Not the slaw, a type of cabbage.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post