CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

orson

31st March 2014, 20:30
I've just about filled the grid but have no idea how to highlight it. It says A=1, B=2 etc but what relevance is that? Do I take a correct letter from the across clues and then a morphed one from the down or is it alternating in the across ones and then the down? Whatever, I get a sequence something like 5, 22, 21, 13, 19... How am I supposed to shade in the grid using that?
1 of 11  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

31st March 2014, 23:17
In clue order (acrosses then downs) read the message spelled by alternating between correct and then incorrect letters. The numbers A=1, etc refer to letters in the grid, not the misprints/corrections.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

orson

1st April 2014, 00:03
Thanks, Kilgore. I must have the wrong letters even though I've solved the clues as my message begins EVUNSINGGRE... And the instruction A=1 etc still makes no sense, although I suppose it would if I had the right message.
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

kilgore trout

1st April 2014, 00:12
Close... EVENS IN GREEN... So "evens" refers to grid entries.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

1st April 2014, 16:02
I have followed the first part of the instruction ( up to and including 33 across ) and I hope the instruction from 7 down to the end reads "twenty-three in blue". If so,which "23" in blue? Unfortunately I can make neither head nor tail of the bit in between - not helped by the fact that I have yet to ideni the morphed letter in 3 down ). I suspect I may have not identified the morphed letters corectly elsewhere in that section. Any pointers in the right direction for that middle section and to what the final part means would be welcome.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

orson

1st April 2014, 18:51
Thanks, kt, for that nudge. Such a small error can lead to a lot of difficulty. I've shaded it all in and can see nothing, although I can do such puzzles. Maybe it's an April Fool.

Always - the word before what you've got is ODDS. So O and S in blue.
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

orson

1st April 2014, 18:55
Always - I meant to say you should have ODDS FIFTEEN TO TWENTY-THREE, so the odd-numbered letters of the alphabet between 15 and 23 in blue.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

1st April 2014, 19:19
Many thanks for your help Orson.
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

uncle_w

3rd April 2014, 12:44
Hi Folk . Can anyone help with 14D please, as it is not in Chambers and is giving me a big headache. I appear to have the three words to be shaded in pencil but they don't appear to have any relevance to the blue/ green highlighting. Frustrating to get so far and fall at the last hurdle! Thanks to any help forthcoming.
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

alwayspuzzled

3rd April 2014, 15:42
Hi uncle_w
Dob on
10 of 11  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » EV 1116