CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

deb1960

12th January 2010, 23:37
I know this is late but only got my back issue today cos i never got the xmas eve issue. But I am stuck on 3 answers and feeling thick so if anyone can help me please!!!!! 6d king in gaol spread sand on floor R?N?O??. 28a Old church basin from channel islands found in spain surprisingly P?S???A. 94d parcel force with one that householder takes for another ?A?E/?F I do have answers for them but I dont know why and dont worry ........ I never send in entries .... I'd rather buy a bottle of whisky than do this crossword!!!!!! And I alway miss the herald with the answers in it. Many thanks in anticipation
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th January 2010, 23:43
The first one is RANGOLI an anagram of IN GAOL + R.

The second one is PISCINA C + IN in PISA.

Can't remeber what I put for the last on.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

harrhy

12th January 2010, 23:48
28a Old church basin from channel islands found in spain surprisingly P?S???A

Slightly different reasoning for Piscina.
CI in anagram of Spain
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th January 2010, 23:48
Of course that should be an anagram of SPAIN with CI inside. It's really annoying not being able to see the question when typing a reply. Also, I should have written:

Can't remember what I put for the last one.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

deb1960

12th January 2010, 23:58
thanks guys for your replies. Confirms what I had and why I had them, unfortunately 94d is the only one I have no clue about it could be so many answers better question is 'Parcel force with one that householder takes for another' (4,2) ?A?E/?F
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

deb1960

13th January 2010, 11:50
Thanks for looking but I got it. I was reading it wrong and trying to fit 'PF' into anagram but its CARE OF. Wishing you all happy solving
6 of 6  -   Report This Post