CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

12th January 2010, 17:18
A bit more challenging this week, mostly because of some poor clues. Allow an hour.

My favourite clue:

22A Crafty to conceal their moves, hard to grasp (8)

and the most cringeworthy:

13D Appalling players lose a board (9)

If you get the answers please don't post them here as others may still be doing this puzzle.

Wordfinder is: SESAME STREET
1 of 13  -   Report This Post

sammy

12th January 2010, 17:38
Heh,I've got the first one - though not the second.

I'm not telling!
2 of 13  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th January 2010, 17:55
Nice clue that one. I wonder if Philip has got last week's RT yet?
3 of 13  -   Report This Post

philip

12th January 2010, 20:25
Hi John

Yes arrived this morning together with this weeks, so have just completed RT2 and about to start RT3

Snow still 9 inches deep with more promised for tonight. Bet its lovely in Arran

PHILIP
4 of 13  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

12th January 2010, 22:25
Hi John,

You're right! I'm having trouble with this one and am going to give up for tonight.

Regards,

Caravaggio
5 of 13  -   Report This Post

philip

12th January 2010, 22:44
Hi John again

I too am having problems with this last one as none of the six or so words this site suggests fit the clue.

The one I liked (the only one)was 20d Swap Jazz note (5)

Again no answers please at this stage

I think Big Dave has something about the RT crossword.

PHILIP
6 of 13  -   Report This Post

philip

12th January 2010, 22:53
John

Finally got it via a very obscure definition of board having searched countless dictionary sites.

PHILIP
7 of 13  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

12th January 2010, 22:59
Hi Philip,

Just been watching the new series of Survivors and it's quite good. Glad to hear that both your RTs finally arrived. I thought #2 was quite an easy starter for the year.

We had some rain yesterday which washed away most of the snow below about 250m but there's still plenty on Goatfell and the surrounding mountains. It's been dry today with a less cold wind to the thaw has continued.

If the solver on this site fails you, then try the crossword solver at http://crossword-solver.utsire.com/">utsire.com. It sometimes comes up with good solutions, but you do get a lot of dross there too.
8 of 13  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

13th January 2010, 18:01
I've finished it but I agree with you, John, that the some of the clues were poor. Big Dave used to get frustrated with this crossword - he doesn't bother with it now - to the extent that he was on the verge of hurling mugs of tea at the television set!
9 of 13  -   Report This Post

flipper2law

14th January 2010, 12:52
Hi everyone
13down: Does it end in a'y' or an 's' ?
'y' would help if lost (as clue says)
's' would cover a lot of things
I cannot tell which. Please explain any logic.
Thank you.
10 of 13  -   Report This Post