CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ajt

11th January 2010, 23:08
I've not seen any mention here at all about the Genius puzzle. Does anyone do it regularly?
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

11th January 2010, 23:25
I've been doing it for a few months and finished a few. It's the only one I bother submitting. I've also just got into Azed in the Observer which can look a bit daunting but is totally absorbing.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

ajt

11th January 2010, 23:41
I've never tried the Azed, Bullfrog - how would you rate its difficulty - a comparison, if you like?
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

12th January 2010, 09:39
I'd compare it to one of Araucaria's Bank Holiday specials -- the sort that you might nibble away at over a few days. There are always a few really obscure words too, but the grid structure means that there are more crossing letters to help work them out. I don't know about you, but I can stare at a crossword for hours and not get a particular word, then come back a bit later and see it straight away without even looking at the clue.
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

ajt

12th January 2010, 10:04
Absolutely, Bullfrog. I've often gone to sleeo at night thinking about a particular clue, and the first thing I think about on waking is the solution. I've just finished off The Genius for this month, and Mephisto - my printer has been "down" for a few days and I couldn't get them before - so I'll print that off now, and try iy. Thank you.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post