CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

colin (swansea jack)

11th January 2010, 19:44
Hi Folks,

Can you explain please.
Clue - Desirous star hit out......
A - H - R - T
I am confident all the interlocking letters are right. The only word I can find to fit is ATHIRST unless someone knows another.

Can you explain the thinking please - is it something simple i.e. that someone setting out on the road to stardom has A THIRST for success or am I missing something astrological? Thanks.

1 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th January 2010, 19:47
prepare to kick yourself - it is an anagram.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

11th January 2010, 19:48
Yes. and athirst means "thirsty or eager (for).
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

silly boy (bluebird supporter)

11th January 2010, 19:49
I think you are OK with what you've got. ;o)
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

11th January 2010, 19:51
Sorry to be a thicko Trevor - I can see its an anagram of star hit but I still dont get it! I cant understand the logic!!!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

silly boy (bluebird supporter)

11th January 2010, 19:57
Web definitions for athirst
athirst(p): (usually followed by `for') extremely desirous; "athirst for knowledge"; "hungry for recognition"; "thirsty for informaton
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

11th January 2010, 20:00
sorry if i sounded patronising,Terry gave the other half of the puzzle, ie Desirous is a synonym for Athirst(which is one word - I am all athirst for totty - is an example).
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

colin (swansea jack)

11th January 2010, 20:07
Trevor, Terry & Silly boy -thanks for your help and explanations, I am most grateful.

Silly Boy, I'll resist the temptation to say that you have an apt pseudonym for a bluebird supporter because I am a nice (not nasty) Swansea Jack.

Good news about the potential American investment, I hope it happens for you and that you make the premier league this time (with us of course.) Thanks again gents.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post