CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

rossim

26th February 2014, 08:46
Has everyone else completed Jan/Feb JE?
Although I've solved most of the clues (a couple with question marks) I just can't see the master plan.
Please tell me it's not just me?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

ab

26th February 2014, 11:40
Hi rossim. The words to be placed in the grid are all part of larger phrases related to where the answers should be placed.
It may help to get the principle if you look at 24a which , if you have the answer you will note that it is "east of ????" , ???? being another answer on the grid. Similarly 57 across is "on ?????" ????? being another answer. 77a is "between two ........" etc
Hope this helps without either sounding like a bit of a smug swot or giving too much away......
AB
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

rossim

26th February 2014, 13:22
Thanks AB. You are entitled to feel smug!
That's a great help. I usually manage to get inside Les's devious mind eventually, but have struggled this time..

I have to go out now but will sit down tonight and give it a real go. Thanks again.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

rossim

10th March 2014, 20:00
I finally finished with just one query in the bottom right hand corner.
Hope Les is ok. I haven't noticed a posting from him for a while.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

11th March 2014, 08:30
Funny you should mention Les (or rather his absence), rossim: I was expecting to hear from him by phone & he was planning to come to France again (I presume winter sport), but I've heard nothing from him at all. I daresay it's nothing serious, but one does wonder. Anyone else know anything more recent?
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th March 2014, 08:55
Hi GK,
I'm surprised there's been no follow up to the Jan/Feb JE. AB would know if he had wanted the wordplay compiled.
I hope it's just his new job getting in the way and nothing more.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th March 2014, 09:08
Has anyone tried Emailing Les on his JE address? I will, if you like, but I don't want to be part of a bombardment!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

rossim

11th March 2014, 09:24
That sounds like a good idea, ChrisE. I have avoided doing it for that very reason.
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

chrise

11th March 2014, 09:28
OK - I have Emailed, suggesting that Les lets us know on this thread.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post