CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

12th February 2014, 19:05
Ok folks, I'm back on-line at home so i'll be working on the clues for the Joint Effort for the next few hours, should get a good chunk of it fettled up tonight but can't promise if it'll be ready for publish, but hopefully if not, then it should be ready tomorrow evening depending on time taken for exchange of emails,

Interesting fact heard tonight.

If anyone watches 'The Chase' it was said on there that our American friends namesake coined the phrase: "Cloud cuckoo land"

Did you know that Aristophanes.

I'll check back in later tonight to give a progress report of where we're up too. That's if the wind up here doesn't blow me away, it's darned breezy today!

Les40
1 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

12th February 2014, 19:06
Whoops! friend's
2 of 21  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2014, 19:23
Yes, I did. :)

We're expecting another ten inches or so of snow and ice tomorrow. Aaaaaargh.
3 of 21  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2014, 19:30
My site access situation is getting even worse. Since others here don't seem to have problems I can perhaps blame it on Mr. Obama's network of cyber-spies (yes, you goons, I did just buy a chain saw online).
4 of 21  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

12th February 2014, 20:35
No snow here, but the river in our village has bust it's banks and we r all on orange standby (fields r under water, cattle have been moved) ---- we have never had this before as the mill gates are usually opened and that is enough to stop the water getting into homes. More rain predicted tonight here --- but reading the papers and watching the news, we r lucky, ---- feel so sorry for the people who have been flooded out.
5 of 21  -   Report This Post

les40

12th February 2014, 22:22
Evening folks.

Here's the update:

I have fed back to:- Rossim, Greedy kite, Rosalind, aristophanes, jws, AB, Theambler, ginge, fieryjack, Paul, ixion & Jamoza.

I have emails with clues from:- BigbadMarty2, ChrisE, bobs mum & Syzygy.
Which I will be taking care of tomorrow evening.

I haven't received any clue correspondence yet from: Emrach, choosytoo, peterm & Djawhufc.

Goodnight all and speak to you all tomorrow.

Les40
6 of 21  -   Report This Post

rosalind

12th February 2014, 22:40
Ten INCHES in one day? Jeepers. Be careful shovelling, Aristo. A and Es are full of men with heart attacks from clearing their drives.

I own 3 chain saws, all bought on line. So that's why I get chucked off web sites.
7 of 21  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

12th February 2014, 22:54
But you perhaps don't lurk in the shadows with your chain saw, wearing a hockey mask.
I have a hefty snowblower, though of course there's always shoveling to do too.
My mother's house has enormous icicles hanging from the eaves- rather dreamlike.
8 of 21  -   Report This Post

syzygy

13th February 2014, 08:20
My sympathies to all of you who are experiencing such severe weather.

We've been very lucky here - a second 2 cm snowfall which melted by noon, & then some rain.
There was the usual flooding on a low road by the shore, & the inevitable idiot with a 4X4 who got stuck after driving around the barricades. The rescue service is getting rather peeved because this happens every year.
This clown even complained because his truck was damaged. Duh ! It takes 5 more minutes to bypass that area. They should have just let him sit there & think it over until the water receded.

9 of 21  -   Report This Post

syzygy

13th February 2014, 08:32
I might be off-line as well. The tel-com is upgrading my area (fibre-optic ?) during the next couple of days.
The irony is their phone msg said that I may experience a slow-down in speed, or a total shut-down.
If it's no faster afterwards, perhaps it's time to switch to cable.
Those two have an ongoing war to entice customers away from the other with rather sweet deals.
10 of 21  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » JE Update