CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

drongo

8th January 2010, 10:02
We're stuck :-(

9 Across. "Conveyance running to time (9)"
L???E???D

8 Down. "Provision in 9 about a hermit entertaining taking a partner (9,6)".
?E?A?R??? C?A?U?E

They're not the only ones either! Hehe.

Thanks, Drongo.

1 of 7  -   Report This Post

aljanon

8th January 2010, 10:11
leasehold
repairing clause
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th January 2010, 10:11
Hi Drongo,

LEASEHOLD is your first answer. Hopefully, I'll be back with your second answer in due course.

Regards,

Caravaggio
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th January 2010, 10:13
Looks as though aljanon [which is my legitimate nom-de-plume on another site has a quicker brain and trigger finger than me!
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

aljanon

8th January 2010, 10:21
sorry C, didn't realise. Which site is that? Does it cause you problems my using that name? I am prepared to re-invent myself if necessary.
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

8th January 2010, 10:32
No, not at all, aljanon. I do appreciate your gesture but it's not necessary; however, just to amuse you further, 'alj' is part of my email address!
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

8th January 2010, 12:00
Drongo -- there's some extremely dodgy clueing in that Gordius puzzle! When you've finished (or given up in despair!) have a look at this site for a rundown of the answers and some fairly trenchant criticism (including a lawyer, who, in 40 years of dealing with tenant and landlord contracts has never used the phrase 'Repairing clause'): http://fifteensquared.net/2010/01/06/guardian-24900-gordius/
7 of 7  -   Report This Post