CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » RT2

robtherich

7th January 2010, 13:08
Got all but 22a: Phrase for coarse grass (5), -O-C-. A nonce is a grass, but why phrase, why coarse? Am I being a dawn?
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

7th January 2010, 13:15
I'm not going to look at the answers as I've only just got mine from the Coop and haven't even started it. I wonder if Philip's has arrived yet?
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

silly boy

7th January 2010, 13:32
Could also be Couch(grass) ..... it is more like a weed ... therefore coarse ????
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

silly boy

7th January 2010, 13:46
Couch ... verb (used with object) 8. to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.); put into words; express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
I think that's the phrase bit ! ;o)
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

philip

7th January 2010, 14:43
John

No it hasnt arrived yet. We still have a foot of snow and no sign of a postman anywhere. I too will not be looking at the solution(s)

PHILIP
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

7th January 2010, 15:21
So I've cooked lunch and whilst eating I almost finished it. I have to admit to resorting to Google this week to make the "turtle" connection in my last one:

8A Sculptor of a turtle (9)

My favourite clue this week:

14A Damaged a veneered reproduction of Barry's creation (4,4,7)

It took a little while to figure out the Barry connection. Oh, and yes I'd concur with COUCH for 22A.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

7th January 2010, 15:24
Sorry Philip, If I'd thought I could have scanned it for you before filling it in. It's a bit late now.
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

robtherich

7th January 2010, 19:14
Many thanks, all, for the couch solution. And big praise for John (from A) for his efforts to keep this site helpful, useful, entertaining, intelligent...
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

7th January 2010, 20:37
I too have 'couch' and, funnily enough, I have done the same as John - had to resort to Google to come up with the answer for 8a!

It may sound sycophantic but I like John's 14a as well.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT2