CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

6th January 2010, 15:08
Hi Colin,

Unfortunately someone seems to have taken umbrage at my feeble attempt to help posters to help themselves. Oh well if they don't want me then I'm off.

Byeeee.
31 of 135  -   Report This Post

helena

6th January 2010, 15:20
does that mean you will leave allow dawn & her ilk to inherit the site
32 of 135  -   Report This Post

jolan

6th January 2010, 15:36
Please read
33 of 135  -   Report This Post

coline

6th January 2010, 16:01
No, Don't go, John, you are too valuable to those of us who care.
Colin
34 of 135  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

6th January 2010, 16:12
When I wrote the first post in this thread I thought I had managed to make it sound helpful rather than aggressive, but it seems certain people don't feel the same.
35 of 135  -   Report This Post

helena

6th January 2010, 16:24
i fully endorse what you are doing, i have noticed that the posters asking for help presume that we have the paper/quiz as they have it in front of the, and if you ask them for further details they tend to ingore your post.
36 of 135  -   Report This Post

anniec

6th January 2010, 16:30
I'm with Helena on this John - I don't think there have been many negative responses to the post, other than the ubiquitous D! And not everyone has Helena's patience in asking people for the clues, numbers etc (Helena, you are a saint!) so your post means that lots of other people can direct the "sinners" to it rather than gnashing their teeth on the thread.
Besides, I'm really impressed with the arrow thing - but am not going to attempt anything like that! lol
37 of 135  -   Report This Post

jolan

6th January 2010, 16:33
Not one bit aggressive, John! Stay! We'd be the poorer for your loss.
38 of 135  -   Report This Post

the joker

6th January 2010, 16:36
I agree with Helena and fully endorse what you are doing here John.
It seems a pity that that the moderator of this site appears to take no active interest in matters.
Such a pity that this excellent site could well be ruined by a few complete arseholes.(I make no apology for using this word as it defines them exactly)

Joker
39 of 135  -   Report This Post

caravaggio

6th January 2010, 16:47
I totally concur with the content of John's original post, and the subsequent positive posts which have appeared, and I think that it's inevitable that some newcomers to the site mistakenly believe that we sit at our workstations with a pile of newspapers to hand.

However, there are a number of [new] contributors who seem to have a malicious streak and, as far as I can discern, there is no way of eliminating them.

John, don't throw in the towel. You've proved that your posts can be educational too and I have learned something.
40 of 135  -   Report This Post