CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

stevie

3rd January 2010, 12:52
1. Would Andrew be pleased at this title
2. No movements required for this one.

No number of words or letters to help. Sorry
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

escher

3rd January 2010, 14:09
1 Duke of York?
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

stevie

3rd January 2010, 14:56
That was my first thought but could not find a dance called Duke of york when I googled.
Could only find Grand old duke of York (nursery rhyme) that children sometimes march up and down to. All the others answers have been proper dances although maybe not well known.
Can anyone expand on the idea please
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

chrisg

3rd January 2010, 15:13
1. Bit of a long shot I know...Charleston?
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

anniec

3rd January 2010, 19:48
Hello Stevie: from Google -

When I was a kid in Perthshire, Scotland, The Grand Old Duke Of York was a simple dance

If I was cleverer I could post you to the actual site but I'm not so I can't! Hope this is enough x
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

philip

3rd January 2010, 19:54
Stevie

I think the clue is in the word "pleased". In other words he IS the DofY but would be pleased to be called "The Grand Old DofY". i too remember it as a childhood dance

PHILIP
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd January 2010, 19:58
anniec,

You can just copy and paste a link into here and it will appear as text. Then someone else can copy and paste it back into their browser. To make it a clickable link takes a bit of HTML code as well. If you want to know how I can explain.
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

anniec

3rd January 2010, 20:06
Tried and failed John from A - if you want to explain please do- it might however take me several days before I reply with a tale of success!! lol x
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

stevie

3rd January 2010, 20:32
What a great response with all the information.Thank you very much.
Any inkling of an idea on the other one please
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

3rd January 2010, 20:38
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dances">Wikipedia has a list of dances, but I couldn't see anything there which fitted your clue.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post