CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

ab

18th December 2013, 22:23
Congratulations, stevezodiac.
61 of 76  -   Report This Post

stevezodiac

18th December 2013, 23:10
Thought I'd take a quick peek before turning in for the night to see how things went today. To say I'm flabbergasted would be an understatement!!!

Thanks to Therogue for such a fruitful word to clue and also for picking one of mine to be the winner amongst so many excellent clues. I will be posting a new thread to outline my plan for next week.

62 of 76  -   Report This Post

paul

18th December 2013, 23:20
Well done Steve! In case you didn't see post 44, I was very impressed by your inspired 43!

Thanks TR for setting - very juicy word.
63 of 76  -   Report This Post

bernie

18th December 2013, 23:31
Congratulations Steve.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydxwLb1YRw
64 of 76  -   Report This Post

stevezodiac

19th December 2013, 09:28
@ Paul, thanks I did see your post

@ Bernie. Your clip has made my day, the resemblance is absolutely uncanny (albeit without the funny walk and strings)! Thank you very much.
65 of 76  -   Report This Post

bernie

19th December 2013, 12:06
Hello Steve, glad you liked the clip. That was the closing credits, here's the opening ones. (Your name's "up in lights" in this one!) As a child I loved this series, especially XL5 taking off.
66 of 76  -   Report This Post

bernie

19th December 2013, 12:06
Sorry, forgot the link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ifS2nP53Zs
67 of 76  -   Report This Post

fieryjack

19th December 2013, 16:28
Congratulations stevez
68 of 76  -   Report This Post

theambler

19th December 2013, 16:58
Hi there
Just popped in to see how you managed GREEN as I have reserved RED for the next time I win!!!!!!!!
Pretty flabbered to see stevezodiac winner.
This is a CRYPTIC CLUE COMPETITION.
If Clueless is a definition of Green wheres the crypt.
One word clues are very clever as they have to combine crypt and definition. You have to be able to derive the answer with certainty because the definition verifies the crypt.
CLUELESS only works when you first know the answer.
Otherwise its a DINGBAT. A bit clever but a Dingbat.
If we don't stick to the rules people who do will feel cheated though being so nice they probably wont say anything. Still, I make the point.
YOURS with seasonal greetings
Thea
69 of 76  -   Report This Post

chrise

19th December 2013, 17:04
Hi TheAmbler
I think you have misread the award. SteveZodiacs winning entry wasn't "Clueless?".
70 of 76  -   Report This Post