CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

lynx

1st January 2010, 18:00
Hi, I am struggling ith the lower half of this and havent cracked the unclued acrosses yet. is anyone else working on this one? thanks
1 of 7  -   Report This Post

helena

1st January 2010, 19:04
i haven't got this crossword, but if you post the clue, number of letters and any my letters you may have i will try and help you
2 of 7  -   Report This Post

big dave

1st January 2010, 19:23
The whole point about the unclues acrosses is that they are unclued!

Start with the anagram at 19a which leads to a famous singer. Then enter one of his first and most famous songs in 2d, 28a, 3d. That should set you well on the way. The unclued acrosses are a sort of wordgame where you start with a word and change a letter at a time to finish up with another word. Both the first and last words can follow "New Year's".
3 of 7  -   Report This Post

lynx

1st January 2010, 20:16
thanks. I got the singer and the song. i thought the acrosses were lyrics too. can do these but still struggling. can you help with 21 down , that may help with that corner.so far only have the T.
4 of 7  -   Report This Post

big dave

1st January 2010, 20:21
21d The second coffee recipe (6)

Definition: the second

Wordplay: the kind of coffee drunk by posers followed by R(ecipe)
5 of 7  -   Report This Post

big dave

1st January 2010, 20:35
A few more things:

22d the "treatment" is Electro Convulsive Therapy

23d is the name of a star

24d the definition is "no longer bright"; the "classes struggling" are D & E which go inside (to fuel) something that is interesting for only a short time
6 of 7  -   Report This Post

lynx

1st January 2010, 20:36
thanks. on my way again now.
7 of 7  -   Report This Post