CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:07
Please no ` Stck` or `Help` or `Cryptic`

Put the name of puzzle etc

Then post the full clue with the number of letters and any placed

You will get answers much quicker that way

Mamya
1 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:09
That should of course say `Stuck`

sorry if it sounds like a rant but......
2 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

30th December 2009, 00:14
I know I've banged on about this before,but.
It's good to ask people to give the clue. It's not good to give the answer if they don't. If we had a no clue no answer policy the problem would slowly go away. If you give the answer anyway it won't.
3 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:18
I know I did it with Rufinas question it turns out she had thrown the clyes away, but again it should have been mentioned first. I agree perhaps I am guilty of answering but then a particular post just got to me (am in a lot of pain and my patience expired ) LOL

Sorry and Happy New Year ♥
4 of 58  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th December 2009, 00:22
It doesn't seem a lot to ask of someone who wants help. Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind!
5 of 58  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th December 2009, 00:33
I emailed 'webmonkeyash' some time ago to ask if there could be a panel carry a similar message at the top of the index page, but to no avail. If anyone here has access to 'Twatter' maybe they could try that route.

I would also concur that any request for help which is inadequately titled or not provided with a clue or letters should be answered with a simple request for that information. I think we may be seeing a lot of posts from "A Pedant" and "Richard Head" quite soon.
6 of 58  -   Report This Post

terry

30th December 2009, 00:33
Mamya,
We are all guilty of doing what we criticise others for doing-sometimes. But that is not a good reason for beating yourself up.
All I am saying is that if answers are continually given without the clue being provided then people will continue to not see any reason to give the clues.
You must admit,the problem seems to have got a lot worse lately. It is spoiling this site.
7 of 58  -   Report This Post

trevor

30th December 2009, 00:34
Agree with you both - It also seems the norm now that just giving the amount of letters without any known letters seems ok (until no answer is given then the letters are forthcoming)

ps. I am not TrevorToo

pps.I hate ranting like this but have allowed myself a festive moan.
Helena seems to have the patience of a saint - always asking for more info etc - ,gawd bless, and can almost always answer them too.
8 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:36
You are all right of course and hopefully this will jog a few to try to post correctly or at least with more info. Thankyou for your patience.

M
9 of 58  -   Report This Post

mamya

30th December 2009, 00:39
I knew it was not you Trevor and yes Helena is great!
10 of 58  -   Report This Post