CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

david

28th December 2009, 21:30
B = Birth / D = Death / A = Accession (Henry)
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

trevor

28th December 2009, 21:49
any more info here - number of words and/or letters and any letters you have.
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

28th December 2009, 23:19
It seems that was an explanation, not a request for help
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

28th December 2009, 23:23
No. It was another example of the Araucaria fan club in action. A sort of crossword web site within a crossword web site.
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

28th December 2009, 23:26
Sorry, I don't understand - but Araucaria is my favourite setter, so please explain.
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

28th December 2009, 23:54
AJT,
it was my way of saying to Trevor that his question was pointless.
People who post questions or raise other queries about Araucaria crosswords almost invariably do so in such a way that non-followers cannot possibly respond. They often do not spell out the clue etc. they are more holding a discussion than anything else.
I don't have a problem with that. It just means that to all intents and purposes a "strictly Araucaria fans only" thread is being run. A bit like the people who say something like "DT2345 3a, 13a,6d,9 and 17d". To anybody not in the know the opening posting of this thread is meaningless.
As I said, I don't have a problem with it. But that is the way it is.
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

ajt

29th December 2009, 00:00
Thank you, Terry.I hope then, that I may feel free to join the fan club!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

terry

29th December 2009, 00:10
AJT,
Yes, you have permission to join the club,LOL.
But lets face it. If all the "fans" of individual crosswords posted along the lines of "3,7,13,19d and 3,7,15a" this site would die. the logic of that seems irresistable to me.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post