CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bunty

11th October 2013, 10:35
1d Quiet universiry periphery hosting one's study periods. (7) S?????M
2d Cap is off immunising fluid in containment, making an outbreak? (8) E?????N? (pretty certain of the N so epidemic doesn't work)
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th October 2013, 10:42
2 (s)erum + pent?
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th October 2013, 10:45
1 sh + i + u + rim?
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

bunty

11th October 2013, 10:45
brilliant ginge! I kept thinking of vaccine for the immunising fluid!
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

bunty

11th October 2013, 10:50
and thanks for "shiurim" too!
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th October 2013, 10:55
I had to look shiurim up to see if there was such a word.
I'm tempted to join if these clues are representative of the standard of puzzle(s).
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

bunty

11th October 2013, 11:11
The Monthly puzzle is always of this standard with very obscure words as you can see. You can't actually join the Times Crossword Club now but have to subscribe to "The Times & Sunday Times" - I think the minimum subscription to include all the puzzles is £2 per week, which although it's a lot more than the Club cost (£24.99) it's still good value for all the puzzles and you enter online so no postage charges. And you can see immediately if your score is 100%. Unfortunately you can't change answers once you've submitted!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

ginge

11th October 2013, 11:19
Thanks for that bunty but I only access the "net" from my phone and would be looking to print hard copies, so I'll give it a miss just now until I get a compatible wifi printer.
8 of 8  -   Report This Post