CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

8th October 2013, 12:06
A bit harder than usual this week, I thought. I wasn't impressed by 19ac, definition especially:
Indirect speech starts riot in lodge, (8)
3dn I have, but don't understand what it has to do with Leo. Can anyone explain?
Leo's theatrical slogan? (3,4,4,2,2)
1 of 34  -   Report This Post

chelle

8th October 2013, 12:11
It's the title of a Leo Sayer song
2 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2013, 12:39
Hi all
here's the link. I am late checking in as I've been walking in the beautiful warm sunshine, Only 5 clues solved at first glance, but off to get lunch for inspiration
Http://i40.tinypic.com/2z3qwxk.jpg
3 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2013, 12:51
Hi ChrisE
The answer I have for 19a is shown in the online Chambers as "not direct or directly" as in a ******** glance. Off to eat now :)
4 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th October 2013, 13:25
Thanks chelle and jazzy.
5 of 34  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

8th October 2013, 13:51
All done, but found a few very tricky
6 of 34  -   Report This Post

mondrian

8th October 2013, 18:43
If chrise and jazzgirl have found this week`s tricky I dread to think how I shall fare. Haven`t bought RT yet but will do so on my way home and get stuck into it while I watch Bake Off. I still have one undone from last weeks!!!
7 of 34  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

8th October 2013, 21:25
Where I live you would get slaughtered if you described the product as "brandy"!
Nevertheless many thanks again to Jazzy for the link. This was a walkover after Genius, JE & Azed "Carte Blanche"---thank God!
8 of 34  -   Report This Post

chrise

8th October 2013, 21:33
That's interesting that you say that, GK. I thought that all spirits distilled from fermented grapes were "brandy" (including Spanish and Greek versions).

However I am very ready to make distinctions - I love your local variety, but I can't drink cognac (almost literally). Yours is surprisingly akin to malt Scotch.

I tasted the finest ever for free in the "Maison Gascon" in Auch - 45 years old!
9 of 34  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

9th October 2013, 08:40
Good morning, Chris!
You're right: maybe I was being a bit too finical myself about the différences!
If you have enough pocket money, you can buy an Arm. of just about every vintage here at certain addresses. I'm content with a perfectly ordinary one from Intermarché.
Btw do you know or possibly even like Talisker from Skye?
10 of 34  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » RT 42