CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

terry

24th December 2009, 21:16
Listen carefully,or a sexual perversion.(5,2,4,4).
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

anniec

24th December 2009, 21:24
Prick up your ears - one of my favourite clues from the Guardian some years back which referenced Joe Orton and the John Lahr biography
(But you knew already didn't you Terry!)
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

24th December 2009, 21:32
Anniec,
Yes,as of course,you knew.
Just feeling a bit bored with the lack of action tonight. Still,I am glad it was someone as perceptive as you who replied. Happy Christmas.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

24th December 2009, 21:35
What am I saying. Lack of action on a f-ing crossword site for god's sake. I must not open a third bottle.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

anniec

24th December 2009, 21:40
Happy Christmas Terry - lack of action on a xword site (or a building site!) would have produced the same reaction in Joe Orton! I remember being gobsmacked when I realised this was the answer in the Guardian all those years ago - but I was young and foolish then and now I read this site!

Open the third bottle - it's only Christmas once a year!
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

philip

24th December 2009, 21:59
Terry
Do you really buy the FT or did you find it on a bus?

Have a good one

PHILIP
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

24th December 2009, 21:59
Anniec,
I'm surprised that you are a Guardian reader. I don't know why,but I am. Do you remember that old joke about who reads which paper. Something along the lines of: The Times is read by the people who run the country. The Express is read by people who think they should be running the country. The Mail is read by the wives of the people who think they should be running the country. The Sun is read by people who don't care who runs the country so long as she has big tits. (Well it still makes me laugh).
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

terry

24th December 2009, 22:08
Philip,
Bus !!!
I think buses (what the hell is the plural of bus) are the single biggest cause of traffic hold ups. When I am appointed dictator they will be banned. In my view if you do not have a car and cannot afford a taxi you should have to walk or stay home.
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

anniec

24th December 2009, 22:11
I bought the Grauniad when I was a sensibel person (or to go with the quote "someone who thinks they should be running the country) Now I don't buy dailys but just the Sunday Telegraph (read by people who think the military should be running the country) but only because they have the best crosswords since the Independent on Sunday gave up the ghost. Can't stand the Times! And who coudlk resist the Grauniad with a xword solutio like prick up your ears - they were first!

lol xx
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

anniec

24th December 2009, 22:14
Oops! Just realised from the bus comment you must read the Telegraph (or are possibly the editor!) xx
10 of 18  -   Report This Post