CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

24th December 2009, 14:56
Yes, it's here already. I wasn't expecting it until next week, so it was a bit of a surprise to find it in the Co-op today. Not one of their best, with nothing particularly notable. However I'll drop this one in for you as a taster:

18 I'm career chef cooking dairy product (5,7)

Merry Christmas
1 of 16  -   Report This Post

chris

24th December 2009, 15:12
Hi John..it could be creme fraiche albeit I have been known to be wrong on at least one occasion (methinks not in this case!)
Merry Christmas !
2 of 16  -   Report This Post

john (from arran

24th December 2009, 15:23
Yes, that's what I got. It shouldn't take more than 45 minutes to finish this one.
3 of 16  -   Report This Post

philip

24th December 2009, 21:55
Hi John

That bloody ferry got there first again. Mine hasnt come yet, obviously stuck in the same post as your Christmas Card.

Anyway, something to look forward to next week

Had second thoughts about moving up there after the weather this week. Having said that I have been marooned for 3 days (can you get "marooned" in snow?)
Have a sober one

PHILIP
4 of 16  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

25th December 2009, 14:40
Hi Philip,

Sorry to hear that Arran comes first yet again. It's a glorious day here with blue skies and bright sunshine although the clouds are starting to build up so it may snow or rain later. I'm currently working through the Herald Christmas Special. I've got as far as finding out it's based on one of Louisa MAy Alcott's books but don't know which one yet and haven't got enough of the quote to search the wibble thingy.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.
5 of 16  -   Report This Post

philip

27th December 2009, 22:36
Hi John
First of all my RT did arrive on Christmas Eve and my wife hid it because she knew I would spend time on Christmas Day doing it.
Regret I have now exceeded the 45 mins and completely stuck on
8a Allow King to enter reserve ???O?
4d City bowled over with zest ???O I keep going for OSLO but apart from the city cant relate the rest.
Before you start your long New Years celebration, can you help?
PHILIP
6 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

27th December 2009, 22:39
4d. Brio ?
7 of 16  -   Report This Post

terry

27th December 2009, 22:41
8a. brook.
8 of 16  -   Report This Post

philip

27th December 2009, 22:46
Thanks Terry
So bloody obvious when you look at it
PHILIP
9 of 16  -   Report This Post

thicky

27th December 2009, 22:51
Terry

Funnily enough I was struggling over the same 2. Can you explain them please? Can see the RIO and the B from Bowled but wheres the zest come in.

Completely confused with BROOK though

I have one more

City about red-top advertising copy ???R?

Can you help please

Thicky
10 of 16  -   Report This Post