CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

herbertmcsherbet

22nd September 2013, 10:19
Just started the azed 2155. The down clues seem to be jumbled, unintentionally I presume the answer for 9 down seems to fit at 10 down but there is a missing clue for 5 down... As the answer has 8 letters but the clue suggests 11 letters. Anyone can enlighten me about this, or is it just a series of printing errors? Yours in confusion
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

lumen

22nd September 2013, 10:39
The correct grid is on line at Guardian crosswords, there are a few lines missing and numbers all wrong!
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

aphid

22nd September 2013, 19:21
Indeed, it's either the wrong grid or the wrong clues. You wonder how they manage it . . . in the last couple of weeks I've noticed repeatedly incorrect football league tables and incorrect grand prix maps in the Guardian, and now this in the Obs. The subscription might be the next thing to go . . .
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

blet

23rd September 2013, 22:53
The grid will fit in with the clues if you just add in two horizontal bars.
One is under the box currently marked 5, which moves 5 down one box rightward and creates 12 down (one box to the right of where 12 is currently printed).
The other bar symmetrically paired with that one, which makes 16 down correctly a 7 letter word finishing just above the bottom row.
With those two bars in place, 11 across renumbers as 10, 12 across renumbers as 11; from then on across are OK.
The down clues are in the right order but mis-numbered between 5 and 12 inclusive. 16 down is correctly started, but wrong length, and thereafter the down clues are fine.
4 of 4  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Azed 2155