CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

demeter

18th August 2013, 20:30
Really pleased to (almost) complete this one. Although I cold solved all but about 6 of the clues, I was having a tough time working out where to put them.

I have a problem with the very last clue though:

Like Germanic people expelling outsiders in bardic clamour (4).

I have UTI_ for this, but can't find a word that would fit.

Help!
1 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

18th August 2013, 20:36
Utis
2 of 9  -   Report This Post

demeter

18th August 2013, 20:37
Cheers mamya.
3 of 9  -   Report This Post

mamya

18th August 2013, 20:38
(J)Utis(h)

Utis an old term for frivolity and joyous merrymaking.
4 of 9  -   Report This Post

unclued

18th August 2013, 21:18
Can anyone give me some help filling in the five rocks? Thanks a lot.
5 of 9  -   Report This Post

demeter

19th August 2013, 00:08
unclued,

I'm confused too. When I first read the preamble, I understood that we were merely meant to indicate the locations of the (nameless) rocks (with shading, say). But this would be a bit pointless, I suppose.
6 of 9  -   Report This Post

unclued

20th August 2013, 09:22
Another two days and I still haven't got the last stage cracked. Can anyone put me out of my misery and tell me how to show the rocks? Thanks!!
7 of 9  -   Report This Post

olivercardo

20th August 2013, 09:52
Hi unclued - at the risk of seeming unhelpful (I'm not, honestly) - if you read the preamble carefully, you may find out it is simpler than you think - you might already be where you need to be...
8 of 9  -   Report This Post

unclued

20th August 2013, 10:33
Thanks Oliver. I assume I'm looking for a final step that doesn't exist!! I was originally just going to shade in the five rocks but this didn't seem to be enough! Perhaps I should colour them.
9 of 9  -   Report This Post