CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 12:33
Hi RT-ers
I found this one much easier than last week's . I was stuck on 6d for a while and had the wrong answer at first. But all done now. Hope you are enjoying the heatwave
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th July 2013, 14:08
Respect Jazzgirl !! 6d is one of the few I`ve got. My brain is fried.
Not asking for help yet. 2d was OK for me, at least !
Mags
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

mondrian

16th July 2013, 14:08
You are amazing Jazzgirl! I haven`t even bought my RT yet.

By the way, from last weeks Xword who was that Greek character who took cakes up to bed!! I am stumped! - not an unusual occurrence.

Hope your garden is thriving.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 14:19
Good to see you Mondrian. I'm sad to say the garden is so parched and I have lost a Pieris through the heat although I had kept it well-watered.( It was very old though)
17d a Greek character takes cakes up to bed (7)
the definition is: bed or layer so the answer was Stratum. The "cakes" were "tarts" (reversed)
I hope your garden is doing better than mine and that you are keeping well. jg

4 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 14:21
Bore da Mags, Yes, 2d was an early one for me too!
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 14:23
oops. A bit late in the day for "bore da". Prynhawn da :)
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 14:29
Mondrian: I missed out the Greek Character which is Mu (12th letter of Greek alphabet) then reversed
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

magworth

16th July 2013, 14:37
You inspired me, Jazzgirl. I`ve finished now but admit some answers were guesses rather than intelligent parsing. Now the rest of the afternoon is a book in front of a fan ! Diolch yn fawr, Mags.
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

devonian

16th July 2013, 15:10
Yes - found it fairly easy this week - except 16A "Children's series needs toupee,damn it !" *u*r*t* - its a long time since i watchrd any childrens tv, so further clues would be appreciated
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

16th July 2013, 15:47
Hi Devonian; i didn't know the children's programme either.
a slang word for toupee + plural of a rodent (which is a synonym for "damn it!". Hope this helps. Jg
10 of 12  -   Report This Post