CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

syzygy

14th July 2013, 06:11
Hi.
You had a problem with the JE files.

This might be helpful for troubleshooting.

Did you click both files & get the same message?
Did you try again some time later?
What happens when you try on this thread?
http://www.crosswordsolver.org/forum/360277/harpers-201308

Curious to see what happens.
Thanks.
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th July 2013, 08:24
I think it's a problem with AOL. I remembered (eventually) that I can't fully access sites like familysearch.org from AOL (just as you've found something you were looking for it won't display the details). To rememdy this I open Internet Explorer and that worked for JE as well.
When I clicked on the link it led me straight to the Harpers 08- 2013 thread!
I copied and pasted it into IE and the same thing happened, even though I was not logged on to the Forum in IE.
Yes I clicked both files and got what I remember as exactly the same message.
No, I didn't wait and try again. I did try again but almost immediately.
R
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th July 2013, 08:27
When I went to the August 2013 thread and clicked on the link there I got the requested URL was not found on this server.
I think it's an AOL problem
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th July 2013, 08:30
The link in the other thread works perfectly, thank you.
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

syzygy

14th July 2013, 08:56
Re post #4: which thread are you referring to?

I'm not sure what to say re AOL, politely. Is that your ISP; the connection to the net?

First of all, you don't have to use their email service. I've used both cable & the phone company.
Both had awful email servers. Would recommend Gmail after 5+ years of experience.

Browsers: IE - another horror-show.
Netscape, then Firefox, have been far superior. I'm trying Chrome now because of its architecture & it's very fast. Takes a little getting used to, though.

I've put out some feelers for feedback because Google Drive works just fine for me & others.
So it's a bit of mystery when someone has a glitch. Do you know how to do screen-shots?
Seeing the actual problem is invaluable.

You don't need to be logged into the forum to access links, only to post.
Try a different browser & just click the links.
Curious to hear what happens.

Cheers.
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

rosalind

14th July 2013, 11:06
I'm sorry i have no idea how to open in a different browser. i don't want to download anything I don't have to because Windows has written rubbish all over my hard disc and apparently you can't get rid of it. I use an external memory for everything that I write to save space.

Not techie- I do domestic- jumpers to knit, celebratuion cakes to make etc, but I do have a techie son and he's coming for lunch.....................
6 of 6  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » @Rosalind