CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

redundantelf

2nd July 2013, 23:01
I was wondering what pastille's new project was and I believe that she has become a professional crossword compiler ;) 2 clues seen in the past week -

Sucker might enjoy this work in ornate apse (8)

Banter, as such, going over head of inmate, fellow prisoner (10)

'nuff said

1 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd July 2013, 23:33
RE,
i presumed that she had moved into some sort of service industry where she could just lie back and reap the rewards.
but those clues are weirdly uncanny, perhaps you are right.
2 of 11  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

2nd July 2013, 23:36
I believe you're right trevor (some sort of cottage industry as I understand), but it is spooky :)
3 of 11  -   Report This Post

rosalind

2nd July 2013, 23:51
Late one night pastille said she was starting a wee business. Bullfrog wondered if the supply would be sufficient and I suggested she might have to drink more.
I understand she is buying and selling vintage clothes, perhaps other vintage stuff as well.
Aren't your painkillers working RE? I write at night, often up to 2 am.
4 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

2nd July 2013, 23:59
my last reply was very tongue in cheek, some might say smutty.
vintage clothes and vintage vegetables from the allotment perhaps.
i wish her every success and take off my hat for Bullfrog.
5 of 11  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

3rd July 2013, 00:03
Hi Rosalind. I mistakenly tried to reduce my dosage, but, I am now back on the straight and narrow - I think. How is the book going? Hope you are well.

I just thought seeing 'Pastille' & 'persiflage' as crossword answers recently was a touch spooky
6 of 11  -   Report This Post

rosalind

3rd July 2013, 00:17
It is spooky, especially as I've never seen the word persiflage anywhere other than on here. Think it's a great word.
I'm fine, thank you. The book is going well and at last some hunting for illustrations has been successful. Long way to go, though.
7 of 11  -   Report This Post

trevor

3rd July 2013, 00:22
doh! only just got the 'wee business', 'drink more'. very nice Rosalind. :)
8 of 11  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

3rd July 2013, 00:31
C'mon trevor, catch up :) - however, it's still funny second time round. A pair of good wordsmiths there, imho
9 of 11  -   Report This Post

rosalind

3rd July 2013, 00:35
Ta!
But pastille was not very amused............
10 of 11  -   Report This Post