CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

les40

12th June 2013, 23:06
Just to let you all know that I haven't sent an email link to you.
Syzygy has checked it out and it's an innocent advert, but if you haven't opened it yet and was wondering if it was something important, don't bother with it and delete it.
I think I'll just kill that email address now because it's given us nothing but hassle.
It was handy to keep open for new solvers to contact me for the first time but I will have to think of something different.

'ginge' I will send you the gmail address which is only privvy to the regular Joint Effort compilers and isn't corrupt at all.

Cheers, Les40
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

rossim

12th June 2013, 23:40
Thanks Les. Mine came with an anti virus warning so I didn't open it. Deleted now.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

13th June 2013, 00:21
Too late; already opened it. You wouldn't believe what's crawling out of my laptop...
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

les40

13th June 2013, 01:10
I feel you're having a jolly jape with me aristo you bounder you.

Anyway, some great news. I've received an email (not spam) from the guy who produces the software that I produce the crossword grids for the Joint Effort and he's upgraded the package to include lots of new stuff on it. I've got to read it properly yet because ther's loads of seperate prices for all the little add-ons but it looks like I can upgrade for a special rate of about 50 quid because I'm an existing customer. It's got special features which enable me to put in circled letters (would have come in handy in May's JE) and multi-shaped grids, It's also got some extra dictionary files (inc Chambers for extra 20 quid) So I feel we may be at a turning point for the JE with some pretty interesting future crossword puzzles.
July's is part way through the planning stage with an interesting twist indeed so maybe August could be the time to try something new with the new software. Watch this space!
4 of 4  -   Report This Post