CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

emrach

6th June 2013, 09:14
Morning ChrisE

How are you ? Just wanted to wish you happy holidays. Where are you going?
Its been very quiet on the Forum recently no persiflage as Pastille would say. So after the sad news I just wanted to say hello and I hope everyone is enjoying the better weather:)
1 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th June 2013, 15:15
Hi emrach
Thanks for your good wishes. We are embarking on a hectic few weeks. Off tomorrow to Harris and Lewis (lunchstop with friends outside Glasgow, overnight near Fort William). Back Sunday week, then the following Friday it's Italy for a fortnight - a week near Rome, then a week in our usual place, the Apuan Alps (north of Pisa). Looking forward to it all!
How are you? I've missed the persiflage, Clue Chain and general banter as well, but the reason is a good one - the weather has been too good.
2 of 6  -   Report This Post

bobs mum

6th June 2013, 16:39
Hi Guys,

Have a great time chrise, sounds wonderful, enjoy , -- did u finish the new Dan Brown?? ---if so what did u think ???

Hi emrach, weather sooooooooooooo good here today for once , have just been in the garden doing nothing and lots if that makes sense ---- x
3 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th June 2013, 16:46
Hi bobs mum
Yes I did - the plot twists I thought were very good, and cleared up several inconsistencies that had worried me earlier. I think part of the problem was the very short chapters - it makes it too easy to put the book down.
I re-read Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle's "Inferno" prior to starting the sequel "Escape from hell". This hasn't really gripped me so far, though I enjoyed Inferno again - did you get hold of it?
Thanks for your best wishes. Do you have anything planned?
4 of 6  -   Report This Post

emrach

6th June 2013, 17:37
Hi ChrisE Sounds like you have a good few weeks of holidaying. I have never been to Harris or Lewis but I know they are very peaceful and beautiful I do hope you get some decent weather although still scenic if it raining and cloudy. Oooh Italy lucky you now wonder you are looking forward to it and I imagine some good Italian food and vino will of course help :) Always fancied Tuscany. Haven't read Dan Browns latest but have heard very conflicting opinions on it. x
5 of 6  -   Report This Post

chrise

6th June 2013, 17:44
Hi Emrach
Yes, I'm really looking forward to the Western Isles. I've done quite a lot of walking in Scotland, but have almost completely ignored the islands (I haven't even been to Skye yet!)
Tuscany is great, particularly if you stay away from the tourist traps (though Florence is a must, if you have any interest in art at all.)
6 of 6  -   Report This Post