CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

pastiche

22nd May 2013, 16:54
Which same word ending can go after the letters B,F,H,J,L,P,R,S,T,AND W to make a common word and can have its own letters rearranged to make a word.

P.S best I could come up with was earing but letters J,L and P don't fit
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd May 2013, 16:59
Please show the name of the Quiz and the closing date so that people can choose to answer.
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd May 2013, 17:03
Oh bu""er I think I've got it as well!
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd May 2013, 17:05
Not 'Earing' but try just 'Ear'
All are common words except 'Jear' which isn't in Chambers but is a variant rare spelling of 'Jeer'
The letters can be rearranged to make 'Are' or 'Era'
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd May 2013, 17:07
Ok Les I'm not bitter! Haha
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

les40

22nd May 2013, 17:07
Whoops! Sorry Jazzgirl, am I meant to steer clear of this.
Didn't see your post
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd May 2013, 17:12
Several questions have been asked where the Quiz name has purposely been omitted from the thread title. Others doing the same quiz have said this is unfair, especially when the setter has asked that people do not ask for help on forums. I do not know whether this is such a quiz and so I thought I would ask to make if fair for others.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

22nd May 2013, 17:12
Several questions have been asked where the Quiz name has purposely been omitted from the thread title. Others doing the same quiz have said this is unfair, especially when the setter has asked that people do not ask for help on forums. I do not know whether this is such a quiz and so I thought I would ask to make if fair for others.
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd May 2013, 17:17
A well-trodden path Jazzy.
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

pastiche

22nd May 2013, 17:25
It cannot be EAR, there is no such word as jear or lear only jeer and leer in common use. I think it could be a word ending LE. The letter J is probably the best starting point.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » Wordplay