CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

tony

13th May 2013, 21:10
I'm not sure if you have seen the obituary in today's Telegraph for James Leonard, late editor & driving force behind the Enigmatic Variations crosswords that have challenged Sunday Telegraph readers for 20 years.
As a strict Ximenean all submissions had to adhere to the principles of the great man, especially with regard to ambiguous punctuation & indirect anagrams.
I was reminded of the discussion we had a couple of weeks back! He also lists a few pet hates which he then banned from EV but which appear in other advanced cryptics.
As Rustic in EV & Mr Lemon in the Listener he will be missed.
I thought his comments may be of interest to you.
I doubt if I will be able to join you tomorrow but will definitely read your clues later.
Best wishes.
Tony.
1 of 3  -   Report This Post

trevor

13th May 2013, 21:17

jolan

13th May 2013, 22:56
Gosh Tony
I remember him well as Rustic and Mr L. These days I don't get a newspaper as I'd have to travel over two miles each day to get one and there are no deliveries to my village.
It's always sad to hear of the passing of top class people in any field. He was special to a lot of us cruciverbalists.
Many thanks for letting me know.

And Trevor. A million thanks for the link. VERY interesting indeed.

Bless you both

John
3 of 3  -   Report This Post