CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

cloverjo

5th May 2013, 09:43
Another tough one. I don't want to ask for too much help just yet. Just wondered if someone can tell me if 33a is one that needs to be altered.
Thank you
1 of 12  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th May 2013, 09:56
We can't help without the clue.
2 of 12  -   Report This Post

reynard

5th May 2013, 10:19
Yes it does.
3 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

5th May 2013, 11:23
Rossim, sorry if I seemed a little vague. You need to know the whole preamble, not just the clue. I knew someone here would know the puzzle so didn't put everything in.
Thanks Reynard. On with the puzzling.
4 of 12  -   Report This Post

rossim

5th May 2013, 11:27
No need to apologise. I realised it was probably more complicated than that as I pressed the reply.
5 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

10th May 2013, 00:37
Well, it's taken me almost a week and I'm nearly done, but stuck on some of the top right corner. Would someone kindly give me a nudge to get me going again. The clues I am looking at are 11, 15, 24, 8 and 9. I have one more thematic answer to find from these.
Thank you
6 of 12  -   Report This Post

turast

10th May 2013, 02:12
11 def = Out of control. Wordplay 2 letters, one odf which is the missing letter, meaning an artificial way of conceiving biologically + a 4 letter word for a Scottish island.

15 Definition = Nationalist (who fears foreigners) 3 letter word (reduced to 2) for eliminate (give the chop to) + 4 letter word for an emphatic way of saying NO, containing a 3 letter word for a rustic.

24 Def = Around (approximately) 2 letters meaning soldiers 9not officers) + 3 letter word for child minus last letter.

8 Def = form of brass (money). Mineral deposit 3 letters reversed around an abbreviation for the element mentioned, without its first letter.

9 Def = disease. One letter abbreviation for about + 5 letter word for a tree in South island = SI, (without the I).
7 of 12  -   Report This Post

turast

10th May 2013, 02:18
Apologies for all the typos.
11 def = Out of control. Wordplay 2 letters, (one of which is the missing letter), meaning an artificial way of conceiving biologically + a 4 letter word for a Scottish island.

15 Definition = Nationalist (who fears foreigners) 3 letter word (reduced to 2) for eliminate (give the chop to) + 4 letter word for an emphatic way of saying NO, containing a 3 letter word for a rustic. Thematic word.

24 Def = Around (approximately). 2 letters meaning soldiers (not officers) + 3 letter word for child minus last letter.

8 Def = form of brass (money). Mineral deposit 3 letters reversed around an abbreviation for the element mentioned, without its first letter.

9 Def = disease. One letter abbreviation for about + 5 letter word for a tree in South island = SI, (without the I).
8 of 12  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

10th May 2013, 08:19
Thank you, turast. I think I might have a couple of others wrong. This is a great help, thank you.
9 of 12  -   Report This Post

daw

10th May 2013, 23:18
After battling for almost a week, I've now completed all save for 28d; the letters I have are ?agir and the first must be 'w' but I fail to see the (10 lettered) definition.
Any indications, solvers?
10 of 12  -   Report This Post