CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

helen

30th November 2009, 15:44
does anyone else keep getting a message at the top of this page telling them they have won first prize?
1 of 17  -   Report This Post

mark

30th November 2009, 15:52
no haven't seen that.
2 of 17  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th November 2009, 15:55
Nor me. Do you have a pop-up blocker, Helen?
3 of 17  -   Report This Post

helen

30th November 2009, 15:58
I don't think so Bullfrog, how do I get that?
4 of 17  -   Report This Post

big dave

30th November 2009, 16:10
Helen

What browser are you using, and what version of that browser?

Help / About from the toolbar should tell you.
5 of 17  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th November 2009, 16:16
I have the Google toolbar which allows me to search direct from the toolbar, and also blocks pop-ups.
6 of 17  -   Report This Post

helen

30th November 2009, 16:32
Thanks everyone, I have been following instructions and here's hoping I did not make a pigs' ear of it...time will tell (no doubt)
7 of 17  -   Report This Post

big dave

30th November 2009, 16:35
I would not touch the google toolbar with a bargepole and resist all attempts to add it to my browser. If you have Firefox 3.5 then you don't need it and it takes up valuable space. Firefox has numerous add-ons that enable you to block adverts, pop-ups and unwanted flash files seamlessly and is a more accurate browser than any version of Internet Explorer. I write my own CSS (cascading style sheets) and the non-conformance of IE to the universal standards is a pain.
8 of 17  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th November 2009, 16:40
Well, if you did helen it won't matter, because you can take your pig's ear, add a pair of Ls and make an aspergill to spread holy water everywhere.
9 of 17  -   Report This Post

helen

30th November 2009, 16:52
Give me a break!!!! All that tech jargon, and I don't "do" holy water thank you very much!!! Seriously though I am a bit worried and I have phoned a trusted computer nerd who is coming to sort me out! thanks again for your help chaps.
10 of 17  -   Report This Post