CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

john (from arran)

30th November 2009, 08:38
So, today's the day that "Wee Eck" will bring a bill to the Scottish Parliament calling for a referendum about Scottish Independence. Now, I hear you say, "What's the problem?". Well, there is a conundrum which may be relevant to this forum and might require the collective brainpower on here to solve. Do you think we will get just one shot at it, or will we be able to do re-sits until we get the right answer?
1 of 8  -   Report This Post

jimc

30th November 2009, 09:40
Happy Day, John d'A!

Did I once hear that inhabitants of the outer Scottish isles such as the Hebrides & Orkneys didn't think of themselves as sufficiently Scottish to want to share independence with Scotland. Or was that just a tactical rumour spread by the English, I wonder?

Anyways, I imagine that the Islanders of Arran may not be in that frame of thought, being largely surrounded by mainland Scotland - and some intervening water!

BW.
JimC
2 of 8  -   Report This Post

the joker

30th November 2009, 10:02
Hi John
I think that quite a few re-sits will be required here,as you surmise.
Something like the Irish had recently on the E.E.C.,but they passed on the 1st.re-sit.
Not really in favour of independance myself as I feel our SNP politicians are worse than those at Westminster,although this is hard to believe!
BW
Joker
3 of 8  -   Report This Post

the joker

30th November 2009, 10:11
Sorry-can't spell independence.
Joker
4 of 8  -   Report This Post

john (from arran)

30th November 2009, 11:04
... and perhaps I should have said "forced to do re-sits" rather than "able ..."! I suspect our dear friends in that montrously expensive Holyrood bird's nest will ignore what the people have to say anyway. There is one grain of comfort, at least their expenses have been in the public domain since day one.

A politician is an arse upon which everybody has sat except a man.

E. E. Cummings
5 of 8  -   Report This Post

helen

30th November 2009, 15:34
Have a great day John, in my experience, the Scots really know how to celebrate!!!!
6 of 8  -   Report This Post

bullfrog

30th November 2009, 15:39
Iechyd Da on behalf of the Cambrian Celts!
7 of 8  -   Report This Post

jolan

30th November 2009, 16:01
...and Sláinte on behalf of the rest of us, hic!

PS Like all referenda down thru the years it will be held at regular intervals until the \"required\" result is obtained and then \"not another word\". There\'s never a further chance, have ye noticed?
8 of 8  -   Report This Post