CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

Home » Forum » dm

shooty

22nd April 2013, 10:21
Not looking for answers, just want to know other people's views who have completed today's Dm is the setter on drugs today ?

21 uncles shop. (What)
19 describing foot. (Again, WHAT)
1 of 5  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd April 2013, 11:33
Only just finished it Shooty....if it's the same setter as last week I think he/she has been working up to this beauty. I think I can parse the two you have mentioned.
2 of 5  -   Report This Post

shooty

22nd April 2013, 11:38
Hi Andy. Sorry for the delay as I am at work. I can parse both, its the definitions that evade me. Ps, totally agree, he has been saving this one for an off day. Thought I was doing the Times. Glad it's not just me. : )
3 of 5  -   Report This Post

andyc

22nd April 2013, 11:48
uncle def: it's slang

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/uncle

iambus given in Chambers as: a foot of two syllables......... deriv. iambic consisting of two iambuses, of the nature of iambus!!!!!!!

Somewhat abstruse for the Mail. Ha ha
4 of 5  -   Report This Post

shooty

22nd April 2013, 18:48
Hi again Andy, Thanks for the info earlier. Would never have got it from the Def. It was Pawns Hop that gave it away. And as for the other, well now I have access to an online Dict. As you have pointed out, I have also got
''3. a metrical foot, line, or stanza of verse consisting of iambs '' from the Dict.

Thanks again for your thoughts.
shooty.
5 of 5  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » dm