CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

bullfrog

18th April 2013, 10:15
I'm starting Peer Review a little earlier as I'll be out until late this afternoon, and also extending the deadlines as I'll be out tomorrow evening. Some friends are launching their new pub and it would rude not to support them...

Our other weekly competition for clue setters. The idea (like CLUELESS) is to set a cryptic clue to a given word or phrase, unlike Clueless you will be judged by your peers and not the setter of the clue word.

Multiple entries are welcome. You MUST post a clue for your vote to count. One vote per contestant – please state the post number for which you are voting.

The entry with the most qualifying votes wins and sets next week’s PEER REVIEW. In the event of a tie the setter chooses the winner.

There is a (roughly) one day time frame. Your clue must be posted by 6pm Friday, when voting opens. Voting closes at 10am on Saturday, with the winner being announced shortly afterwards. If the result is clear prior to the voting deadline it may be announced early (Depending on how good a night I had at the pub launch).

The setter donates an online prize. The setter reserves the right to change the rules in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances.

Feel free to include an explanation of your clue just in case solver-voters cannot appreciate your clue.

The word/phrase to be clued this week is

CHARACTER (9)

Good Luck!
1 of 86  -   Report This Post

rambler

18th April 2013, 10:25
Bent catch rear dissolutely (9)
2 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th April 2013, 11:00
Makeup may help to get into this (9)
3 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th April 2013, 11:03
Sorry forgot the you

Makeup may help you to get into this (9)
4 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th April 2013, 11:09
It could be any of these B 4 @ (9)
5 of 86  -   Report This Post

rosalind

One of six in search of an author (9)

(ref to play by Pinero)
6 of 86  -   Report This Post

kiwikid

His personality might make a car retch (9)
7 of 86  -   Report This Post

emrach

18th April 2013, 11:33
Recent chart race questioned ethos (9)
8 of 86  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th April 2013, 11:36
Joker in 'Top Gun'? (9)
9 of 86  -   Report This Post

redundantelf

18th April 2013, 11:47
Tweak on post 9