CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

escher

28th November 2009, 12:27
Some help please on the best "Crossword Lists" book to purchase. The type of book I'be been asked to look for gives alphabetical lists grouped under subject headings then sorted by length of words. I know they are some online lists but I specifially want a paperback or hardback version.
Does anyone have one that they would recommend there are several available and as it is a Christmas present for soemone I would like to get the best one I can.
Thanks in advance for any help
1 of 4  -   Report This Post

ajt

28th November 2009, 12:38
I have had several for many years, but the one most worn - and therefore the most used - I "The New Hamlyn's Crossword Dictionary". It may well be out-of-print, so try Amazons. A good runner-ip - but not just lists - is "Bradford's Crossword Solver's Dictionary" - and that one should be in print.
2 of 4  -   Report This Post

big dave

28th November 2009, 22:56
Personally I use Bradfords - a new edition was released recently - but it seems that the Hamlyns book is now called "Daily Mail" Crossword Dictionary: Over 80,000 Words and is available from Amazon for £5.99.
3 of 4  -   Report This Post

escher

29th November 2009, 07:18
Many thanks for the suggestions will have a look at the books mentioned
4 of 4  -   Report This Post