CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

jul

8th April 2013, 18:51
18 is easy if you look up R in Chambers!
11 of 26  -   Report This Post

winnie

8th April 2013, 19:05
Hi Jul, The fact that you do not need help for 28 , does that mean you have settled for kennelmaid or have you got a different answer. Calliewag, twinsnan and myself are really scraping the barrel over this one. Can you suggest any hints please.

12 of 26  -   Report This Post

jul

8th April 2013, 19:09
I settled for kennelmaid as I looked up kennel and it said a group of dogs. just got 73! a word I had never heard of
13 of 26  -   Report This Post

winnie

8th April 2013, 19:22
thanks jul - I am beginning to think you are right
45. man = mr around a british river
54 Google Life of Pi for name of tiger
71. tackle as in rugby , put rugby and Argentina together to get name of team.
14 of 26  -   Report This Post

palman

9th April 2013, 11:52
Hi Twinsnan,no I am not chuckling at you,but kennelmaids is not my answer,you may well be right,but one or two insisted on the other thread that kennelmaids is correct.
15 of 26  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

9th April 2013, 12:17
I'd really like to hear any alternative theories about 28 please, as I don't like kennelmaid either. In the context of a general crossword it would be fine, but in a quiz where all the answers relate to dogs or cats, 'Danes' is not remotely cryptic!
16 of 26  -   Report This Post

calliewag

9th April 2013, 15:06
Alternative theories - I wish, hufflecat! Apart from thinking around the actress Claire Danes and St Clement Danes, I've not got anywhere.
17 of 26  -   Report This Post

hufflecat

9th April 2013, 15:19
Likewise. If the answer is kennelmaid, then 'Danes' is simply being used as a synonym for 'dogs'. And in context, I think that's just too obvious. Once you've 'guessed' that, the clue reads 'She can help to accommodate dogs', which isn't cryptic, and is totally out of character with all of the rest of the quiz. It feels like there should be a more properly cryptic solution, but what it is I have no idea!
18 of 26  -   Report This Post

winnie

9th April 2013, 17:37
Hi palman, As you say 'one or two' are saying that the answer to 28 is kennelmaid, it follows that alot more people do not think this is correct.
Could you give us a hint on what your answer is please?
19 of 26  -   Report This Post

jul

18th April 2013, 10:29
Hi, Winnie. I have been away hence late reply!
I, too , am unhappy with kennelmaid but have tried to may other things that I threw the quiz paper across the room! Did you have any other thoughts?
20 of 26  -   Report This Post