CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

alpaca

1st April 2013, 11:43
I have a completed grid and both messages but struggling to cut up and reform or work out potential victims. Any hints welcomed.
1 of 18  -   Report This Post

unclued

1st April 2013, 22:46
Same here Alpaca. I have the poem but cannot see how to make the grid into a dodecagon (presumably not regular?). Please give me a push in the right direction - I have the scissors ready!
2 of 18  -   Report This Post

cloverjo

2nd April 2013, 00:42
Sorry I can't help you guys. I am nowhere near. But I was wondering if this is a well known poem. I have a few words, but googling is not getting me anywhere.
3 of 18  -   Report This Post

unhelpful

2nd April 2013, 02:19
Quite often in puzzles like this the final grid represents something thematic.
4 of 18  -   Report This Post

alpaca

2nd April 2013, 08:45
I now understand the rearrangement of the bars as per the instruction but still no light dawning on how to reform the grid in spite of helpful hint.
5 of 18  -   Report This Post

alpaca

2nd April 2013, 13:30
Finally got it ! Quite straightforward after a bit of cut and slide.
6 of 18  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd April 2013, 17:27
I have the new grid and have the six names highlighted. However I can't see how 4X9Y relates to the bar movement. Does it refer to the poem title? Any help much appreciated.
7 of 18  -   Report This Post

alpaca

2nd April 2013, 18:26
Yes unclued it does refer to the poem title through the crossword title i.e. 4 Xs and 9Ys
8 of 18  -   Report This Post

unclued

2nd April 2013, 19:08
Thanks Alpaca - I'd guessed it does refer to it. However I've moved 8 squares and not 9...or am I barking up the wrong tree! Should all the entries in the final grid be real words?
9 of 18  -   Report This Post

alpaca

2nd April 2013, 22:20
My take is that the movement of bars gives the four lines which create nine equal squares, These lines are guidance for cutting (choose horizontal) and then sliding the middle oblong gives the six victims. As only these need to be highlighted we need not worry about the final grid providing perfect words although one or two others might appear by chance. It would have been an extraordinary feat if a new and perfect grid had appeared.
10 of 18  -   Report This Post