CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

chrise

27th March 2013, 20:40
btw we played on proper greens all the way round this morning - how is your course bearing up?
11 of 21  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th March 2013, 20:48
The Island, for the first time in a decade, has led the national news, thousands (apparently) of sheep completely immersed in snow. We really didn't expect to get 10 foot drifts. Our golf at Rowany was cancelled last week and I do not have high hopes for this weekend. The good news is I'm off to play in Portugal (the Algarve) on Thursday next week. I can't wait.
12 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2013, 20:51
Which courses, andy? I've played a few - they were rather longer than I'm used to.
13 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2013, 20:53
I should add that our course has been extremely lucky - there is still snow all over the place, but it has blown AWAY from the course. It is now the driest it has been since last March!
14 of 21  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th March 2013, 21:02
Well, we usually start with Salgados, and then the Faldo and the O'Connor. The Old Course and Victoria are also favourites but last year we played, at Pinhal the tees were better than the greens at Rowany!
15 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2013, 21:06
I've played Vilamoura (though they have built several more courses since we were there), Val de Lobo, Penina (where my Sunday best drives weren't getting to the corners of the doglegs), Dom Pedro and another I can't remember the name of.
Enjoy, andy!
16 of 21  -   Report This Post

chrise

27th March 2013, 21:11
We always stayed in a friend's villa. He remembered playing pre-revolution. The greens were manicured by troops of women on their knees with nail scissors, and a military man in charge who blew a whistle when golfers were approaching - the women then scurried into the surrounding bushes.
17 of 21  -   Report This Post

bernie

27th March 2013, 21:14
Birds in the bush?
18 of 21  -   Report This Post

andyc

27th March 2013, 21:14
Wow,,,,,,,we just get told t hurry up. There are four of us: an ex Island Champion and a two handicapper and my friend John and me both (17). Obviously we spilt into pairs for the tour. They play off the back tees John and myself off the forward yellows. Thay don't struggle with distance, we tend to!
19 of 21  -   Report This Post

pastille

27th March 2013, 22:11
Andyc...so loverly to see you about.....

Not on the site much nowadays...trying to set up a small business ...

So enjoyed our virtual night out.......x
20 of 21  -   Report This Post