CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

raymond

26th March 2013, 20:29
Surely I'm not the first to 'Post' this week..? Where's chrise, Jazzy, Mags, Pipes.... et al..? Stuck on 5d..as we often say it's the little 'uns that cause the problem.! Bitterly cold weather, no doubt you're all suffering..! Spring...?? Huh.! :> R
1 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th March 2013, 20:32
Hi raymond
My copy didn't arrive today. Jazzy said on another thread that she had solved it, but more slowly than usual. Perhaps she will be able to help out.
2 of 24  -   Report This Post

raymond

26th March 2013, 20:40
Thanks Chrise, will check for Jazzy's thread. Found it tough this week.! :> R
3 of 24  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th March 2013, 20:42
I have inadvertently misled you there, raymond - jazzy only mentioned it in passing.
4 of 24  -   Report This Post

jazzgirl

26th March 2013, 21:43
HI
just checking in before bed.....
5d definition: bank. Think Scottish countryside :)
5 of 24  -   Report This Post

wally

26th March 2013, 21:57
You may have thought Scottish countryside. I thought of ladies' underwear
6 of 24  -   Report This Post

wally

26th March 2013, 22:07
But putting ladies' underwear aside (not literally!) I have trouble with 20ac. I have an answer that I think is right, but I don't see the full significance of all of the clue especially the "dispensing" bit.
Also with 19dn I have a word that fits and means "prestige" and it has a "d" in it for diamond, but do not see the meaning of the rest of the clue.
Am I being my usual silly self?
7 of 24  -   Report This Post

greedy kite

26th March 2013, 22:23
Wally: I think the "dispensing" bit refers to a cash machine (ATM).
As for the "prestige" one, I've got an Arabic word for a market better known in France upside-down around your D to make the word I presume you have (of Greek origin) for the definition "prestige"!
8 of 24  -   Report This Post

magworth

26th March 2013, 22:43
Nos da, Raymond. I hadn`t checked in as I`d finished it. I thought there were some cheeky little clues - e.g 7 ac. . 14 d had me stumped for a long time, still not quite sure of the parsing! Mags..
9 of 24  -   Report This Post

cantersue

26th March 2013, 22:46
Hi all. Enjoyed this week's. For 20a. I think the first 7 letters of the answer refer to a machine which automatically dispenses food. If you put it "with a" you make a word for many moving toys.
10 of 24  -   Report This Post
Home » Forum » R.T. 14