CancelReport This Post

Please fill out the form below with your name, e-mail address and the reason(s) you wish to report this post.

Crossword Help Forum
Forum Rules

andyc

26th March 2013, 17:22
Stab at 1) micro x ray
24 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th March 2013, 17:39
Thanks for participating: Ari (getting well into my mind nowadays!); Rossim; Jazzy; Rambler; Mary6 (great going); and Andyc.

no go (in Chambers) has a seperate entry to no-go.

I'll publish 2 to 5 and leave No.1 till after I've fed my face.

2. subtractive anagram (out & as it may be) of “disagreeable – breed” = ALGESIA = sensitivity to pain (Chambers)

3. It’s in there! (being restricted by). NO GO = not possible (Chambers)

4. Anagram (riot) of “one-liners are a” = SIERRA LEONEAN = W. African

5. to write = pen; to press = drag on ship (loosely = not strictly/inexactly); (perhaps? = it could also be into the army) = PENDRAGONSHIP = office of an ancient British chief. see under “pendragon” in Chambers)
25 of 42  -   Report This Post

emrach

26th March 2013, 20:17
Hi Jolan

Sorry to have missed this as I was out all day :( Have a great Easter :)
26 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th March 2013, 20:47
Hi also to Emrach.

I thought No. 5 would be the "stickler". Turned out to be No.1.

Here goes:-

1. form of broadcasting = digital audio broadcasting (contracted) = DAB + it; harmful = evil; yielding:- d(evil)abit = DEVIL A BIT = not one (Chambers)

Again, Happy Easter. See you in a fortnight, hopefully. Thanks for the good wishes. J

Thanks also Jazzy (x)
27 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th March 2013, 20:50
... meany "sticker" = poser, not stickler. :))
28 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th March 2013, 20:51
meany? Me, I suppose, for No. 1. The wee tot (or two) of The Balvenie is taking its toll. Goodnight.
29 of 42  -   Report This Post

andyc

26th March 2013, 20:53
Devil a bit. Never heard of that one Jolan but it's there in Chambers, I just checked. Very clever. Thanks again and enjoy your break from 5 @ 5.

Andy
30 of 42  -   Report This Post

aristophanes

26th March 2013, 20:55
Tried everything I could think of with A BIT, and also tried to use digital. Never heard the expression. You're a tricky one, Jolan. Trust it's a Britishism; never would have gotten it!
31 of 42  -   Report This Post

jolan

26th March 2013, 20:57
Thanks Andy. I try to pick multiple-worded solutions to obviate "thesaurus look-ups" and that's how I stumble on these ones. Ciao!
32 of 42  -   Report This Post

chrise

26th March 2013, 20:58
I have never heard the expression, aristo.
33 of 42  -   Report This Post